Monday, March 24, 2008

power

The ANALISIS PILIHANRAYA KE-12 talk in Dewan Seminar A was as hot as fire last week. I manged to run from Contract 2 tutorial class. How could I missed the talk given by Dr P Ramasamy, rite?

The talk was really impressive. Crowd was very participative. All of the panels delivered their arguments perfectly, though some of them didn't answer the questions given by students/UUM staffs as impressive as their speeches.

PAS representative, (Dr Mujahid Yusof Rawa) gave the speech in awed. He even quoted a thesis by ….. (I have short term memory lost, here) regarding the monopolised media, especially the printed media. He made a comment regarding NEC/DEB by saying that theoretically, NEC/DEB is right, but the way the government apply it, the implementation was wrong.

DAP made things clear about DEB/NEC. As he said, “more Malays are richer, and MORE Malays are poorer. And is that the reason behind NEC? Nepotism, cronyism??”

And the other two BN (Dr Mohd Puad Zarkashi & Datuk Saifudin Abdullah), defended KJ with all of their pride. They even challenged the students to debate with KJ. Oooooooh.. Save that for now, becuase I am more eager to watch Nurul Izzah and KJ in Parliament.

They said “it’s not wrong to have a race-based political party…who said it is wong?”

My dear MPs. We didn’t say that it is wrong. No one said so. But, what we were trying to say was, whether BN ideology is still relevant, as referred to the tsunami PRU-12 results.

When someone asked about press freedom, he said that the existence of blogs shows that the government tolerates press freedom.

My dear, blogs and printed medias are different. Its like comparing a bird in a cage and a bird,flying freely. Accessibility of internet and printed media is way dissimilar form one to another. In fact, newspapers published mostly are owned by the government. And why are they (newspapers owned by the government) are too afraid to publish the truth?

Well, we know the reasons..Duh.

Malaysians are not stupid. We know how to differentiate what is wrong and what is right. We are not babies, being forced and blindly believed on what you wrote on the papers and what you telecast from the television. Do know that we are tired of your over sized BN billboards across the Lebuhraya Utara Selatan, advertisements in the televisions, and of course, the most ‘I-need-to-vomit- ASAP’ trophy shall be given to all of the mainstream newspapers, during the pre-election period.

One question, where did they manage to get money to advertise BN?

I wonder…

But then again,Malaysians are not stupid. Even lack of accessibility of the internet, Malaysians decided wisely.

And DAP& PAS agreed that the the MSM were the reasons behind the great tsunami lost in PRU-12. People moved to alternative media.

Someone asked me about BN.

Raihan, in her personal capacity still firmly believes that UMNO,MCA MIC, PPP, GERAKAN are using the same exact blanket while sleeping, BUT, with trench coats and sweatshirts and oversize socks and gloves to cover themselves. (an anology, i may say..)

I had enough of them trying to change Mat Rempit to Mat Cemerlang, bahasa Melayu to bahasa Malaysia and of course, the infamous “Malaysia Boleh” spirit.

Apart from that, PAS, DAP and one of the BN representative agreed that AUKU is a draconian law. However, another BN rep said that “mahasiswi patut terima AUKU sebagai cabaran. Mahasiswa perlu kental. Jangan jadikan ianya sebagai alasan”

-.-‘ mahasiswa= superman?? Wonderwoman??

Nah, I shall stick to wondermilk’s super yummylicious cupcakes.

My dear, I beg to differ. AUKU is bias. 2 of my friends promoted me Puteri UMNO, wanting me to join. But I refused, since I don’t believe in biasness.

They said “ala, u join la..takde hal pape with AUKU. Lepas...”

See....

*raihan gelengs her kepala..*

So, Pak Lah..i remembered you said you wanted people to work WITH you, and NOT to work FOR you. But what I see is that, somebody is doing your own work as the prime minister. Stop sleeping, stop whining and be firm in your words. and of course, tell your beloved BN Kelantanese not to blame lack of manifesto distributions, and KL-Kelantanese voters as the reasons behind your major lost in Kelantan.

Raihan, in her personal capacity, is a positive believer that rakyat is the power. The power of rakyat shall not be seen as half-blinded. Open your eyes, our MPs. We voted (well, I couldn’t vote) you because we belief in democracy. And if u failed to fulfil your promises, next election your seats would be doomed.

its democracy, baby.....

D.E.M.O.C.R.A.C.Y.

p/s; im raihan. Politics are not dirty; it’s a game of possibility and luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, dat's quite a long analysis u had on pilihan raya... i wish i could give a damn about it, but i couldnt.. haha, i just know de results n be done with it ;)