So the 1st brother and the sister will move to the duplex this week. Have to admit it will be different, because having
No more listening to his fart, seeing his lemak manja, answering his irrelevant questions, no more pinching my under arms , no more random questions... and random lepak in my room. After this, no one will say Dah la tu...tu Mak tu, Mak..to me every time I argued with Mak ""
Now I only have Anjimin to "bully me with love". Ngehhhhh. Bliss. Ngehngehngehhhh
Though no random questions after this, I know he will keep on sending random SMS-es; i.e.: "Kau busy betul, esok jadi partner dah eh..."
I didnt have a sister, but after Anjul got married last year, KaNawwar came and be part of this small family so now I have a sister! I was kinda nervous, never got the chance to meet her personally before the Akad day,and only managed to know her through Mak.
Despite all those worries (ie: Can I hangout with her without feeling awkward? Can Kachi and Lukut be friendly to her? ...) Alhamdulillah, she is one nice sister!! We can talk about anything under the sun... from food to Nigella to talks/classes, cats and AlKhadeem. One thing I always tell Mak is; Kanawwar and Anjul can cook together. Kalau depa masak, satu rumah tahu. Macam masuk Master Chef.
"Eh, you ni nak letak macam mana?"
"Yang mashed potatoes tu, nantu mash dengan kulit sekali".
Now its me, Babah, Anjimin and Mak. Come Ramadhan, Nenek will join us, Insya Allah. (Nenek's sambal goreng sedap nya..tiber) House will be a bit empty after this.
People move, people change, people grow. I will, and I am growing (wider and old). All of us are growing. Fizah and Myra will marry their fiances end of this year. Hilyah's too. Farrah's getting engaged. Next year will be her turn to have beautiful dais. Suhana's, too. How time moves, really fast.
I thought I was still inside the car, on my way to Sri Aman, checking whether I wore the correct Sri Aman socks. In my own bubble.
Like this:
And suddenly, Lucifer the cat came and spoilt this one small bubble.-________________________-"
I am soo caught up with my own bubble, busy with work,
I get sooo caught up with these temporary gifts, till I forget about the Giver.
Tak cool, wei.
Go to kindergarten, primary school (to get 5A's and get into the SBPs) , secondary school (to get the best results for PMR & SPM), go to Uni and get the scroll, and work till death, buy a house, travel, marries a person and kids to teach.. and by 70, we have nothing to look for, no expectations (Except for health). The kids we have will grow old, and voilaaaa.... back to the same circle. How mundane that is.
Now I know why people tell the oldies, not the youngsters to go to Masjid, because we have the Ultimate, Super Metarialistic Destiny. If we focus our lives onto the Ultimate Destiny, more people will pray, more people will give ways to switch lanes, we will say"Thank you" even if the food is bad. More people will volunteer, more people will teach for free (with passion, of course). More people will take care of their parents even if they are old and grumpy.
It's not wrong to study hard, get the best results, drive the best car on the road, be a jetsetter, but the problem starts when I change my wants to needs. (Yasmin Mogahed said something similar to this). Excesiveness and greediness are the root to evil, and that desire will not stop. It is contagious, addictive, "I want more".
How foolish human beings are. Fighting over something that is uncertain, but fail to prepare for something that is certain.
Death, it is.
All of us know that we will die, sooner or later. But the question is, when? Isn't that scary? Even if we have a lot of money in the Bank and drive a Ferrari, we cant bring them inside our grave. You can buy the most expensive and land in the world, the most spacious, but when it comes to the size, it is still the same. Still 6 feet under.
I guess, it is true that the new religion is Materialism. So Raihan, please count your blessings. Be a Muslim by choice, not by chance.
Apart from that, as I read through this super cool book gave by Anjul (buy it here: Dakwah Corner Bookstore or read and download it for free here; The Ideal Muslimah (PDF, Free) and found this!
The Prophet PBUH said,
"Whoever seeks the pleasure of Allah SWT at the risk of displeasing the people, Allah SWT will take care of him and protect him from them. But however seeks the pleasure of the people at the risk of displeasing Allah SWT, Allah SWT will abandon him to the care of the people."
(Reported by Tirmidhi)
:)


No comments:
Post a Comment