Saturday, May 2, 2009

previous may


As a person who admires Thailand, for their hospitality, quirky languages, movies, guys (ehem) and patriotisme, I command you to watch Queens of Langkasuka. It was ecstacy.


The movie left me in total awed. You may ask Danie for evidences. I kept on repeating this is Thailand, Thailand for God sake! The scenes in the water, all of them are extremely beautiful.


Tiara Jacquailina tried to do somehting similar to Putri Gunung Ledang after watching one of those Thailands’jaw dropping epic movies, but in my opinion, it was way beyond my expectation. Yes, she did great with all those advertisements, but I don’t see why a Malay warrior must do ala Chinese Martial Art when Jarang did Silat? But then again, kudos to Tiara for her great attempt. She’s better with the theathre projects, I may say.


On another unrelated story, yours truly baru sahaja kenal Daniel Wu setelah dipaksa tengok Shinjuku Incident (bukan Street, nanti Yusri gelak sakan) oleh Barong and Gajah. I love anything about Yakuza, Mafia, KKK, etc, so I did enjoy the movies, except that I was fully devastated that the Censorship Board cut some of those gory scenes. Tak la gorry mana pun, tapi Oh, tapi Nora cakap tengok gory-gory ini nanti cepat nyanyuk, macam Shela cakap naik basikal boleh dapat buasir.


I want to read the ‘The Long Day Wanes by Anthony Burgess’ but I know that I cant buy it here, this is due to Section 7 of Press Printing and Publication Act. Do you think that they sell it in Australia? I hope so.

I have tons of list of books that I want to read;

  1. His Illegal Self- A novel
  2. A Million Little Pieces, James Frey
  3. The Translator, Leila Abdul
  4. A Walk Through Life, Norma Kasim
  5. Broken, Daniel Clay


Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing.- Fight Club


I want to sing another melody
So different from the one I always sing-Regina Spektor



p/s; Raihan and Accountancy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. agak lambat kenal Daniel Wu.
2. Agak klaka pasal tgk gory scenes boleh (I assume) membunuh neuron otak (since bole mhilangkan daya ingatan)
3. juga klaka pasal dapat buasir sebab naik beskal.
4. hahahahahha
5. mane jumpe kawan2 kamu yg tau sume mitos2 pelik ni?

aziey said...

sgt setuju, Queen of Langkasuka sgt da bomb!
ngee~