If my memory serves me well, I found this verse when I was a 8 year old kid, forced by the Ustazah to read it out load in Kelas Sekolah Agama. The verse is repeated 17 times in Surah Ar- Rahman. And after realising that my name is inside the Surah, I fall in love with this beautiful Surah, entirely.
The surah talks about blessings by God to us, the khalifah, which we are ordered to protect and maintain, and be responsible of this world.
A few weeks ago, I decided to visit Al Khiriyah with the rest of TFTN dedicated team at night. We have passionate university students who spend at least 2 hours of their weeks just to monitor the orphans's homework.
I wish I did that when I was a student back in Sintok. But then again, I think I did well. When others decided to be with their friends for Kokorikulum, I chose to do what I want to. I took "Kesukarelawan", alone.
So back to the story. I came earlier than the rest of the team. So I parked my car and saw these little angels clad with their telekungs and songkong, circling my car. So I got out the car, and greeted them.
And suddenly, one kid came and said "Akak nak datang ajar jugak eh? Bestnya!"
Her eyes, when I saw it, my brain sang "shine bright like a diamond".
Literally the EYES; SHINE BRIGHT LIKE A DIAMOND.
Like *.*
I wish I can just tell it to the world what I felt on that day, but sometimes, its better for me to keep it to myself.
Sometimes, my black pen misses my Moleskine, too. So yeah, the story isn't for this space.
I came home, prayed Isya', co-incidentally, Surah Ar-Rahman was the next Surah for me to recite.
"So which of the Lord's favour would you deny?" (Ar-Rahman, Surah 55).
I have decided to choose TFTN over another. I don't know why, but my heart is telling me that this will be good.

No comments:
Post a Comment